Revolutionary intense pulsed light (IPL) technology for hair removal delivers long-lasting, professional results at home.
With global consumer giant Spectrum Brands, Inc., (owner of the Remington brand), Shaser launched the Remington iLIGHT Pro IPL Hair Removal System, featuring:
- ProPulse™ Technology: Only iLIGHT delivers wavelengths and pulse durations similar to those used in professional IPL Systems.
- Ultra-Fast Flash: Only iLIGHT has ~2 second flash rate, so that the hair follicle is heated more gradually, lessening the risk of damage to the surrounding skin.
iLIGHT is the only hair removal device that uses ProPulse® IPL technology, which targets hair at the root and breaks the cycle of growth. Treated hairs begin to fall out within 1-2 weeks, leaving behind smooth skin with no annoying black dots. The iLIGHT gives you permanent* reduction in unwanted body hair to reveal your true, naturally gorgeous skin.
- Fluence is the energy level. The higher the fluence, the more “power.”
- The iLIGHT outputs between 7-8 J/cm² – the highest among IPL devices.
- The energy must be delivered accurately to keep surrounding skin cooler, and penetrate deeply to reach the hair root.
Wavelength is the measure of distance between repetitions of light, calculated in nanometers (nm). Higher frequencies have shorter wavelengths, and lower frequencies have longer wavelengths.
IPL devices emit a broad spectrum of light, then filter out undesirable wavelengths (such as ultraviolet rays). Higher wavelengths allow for deeper penetration of light and greater absorption by melanin in hair. For example, in the image to the right, you can see that wavelengths above 650 nm penetrate deeper into the skin, where they can effectively target the hair follicle (where the majority of melanin resides).
Lower wavelengths between 400-550 nm penetrate less than 2 mm below the skin surface, missing much of the melanin in the hair bulb and unnecessarily heating the upper layers of skin (dermis).
Most professional hair removal devices have higher wavelength cutoffs.
The iLIGHT has the highest wavelength cutoff among IPL devices at 650 nm.*
The duration, measured in milliseconds (ms,) over which the given amount of energy is delivered. Energy delivered in extremely short pulses leads to higher spikes in energy and skin temperature, potentially damaging skin.
The best clinical hair removal machines tend to have longer pulse lengths since the energy is delivered over a longer period of time, and are therefore considered more gentle to the skin and more effective at gradually heating of the hair shaft.
Effective clinical hair removal machines: (a) tend to have longer pulse lengths since the energy is delivered over a longer period of time, (b) are therefore considered gentler to the skin and (c) more effective at gradually heating of the hair shaft.
The iLIGHT has the longest pulse duration among IPL devices at 110ms.*
Light Output Uniformity
The quality of the optics and filter material can greatly affect light output uniformity.
The iLIGHT uses state-of-the-art optics, which deliver a uniform output and helps reduce “hotspots.”
* Individual results may vary. In clinical testing, on average, participants had 66% fewer hairs after twelve months with just three treatments, similar to results observed from professional hair removal devices. “Permanent hair reduction” is defined as the long-term stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing when measured at 6, 9 and 12 months after the completion of a treatment regimen.
* Compared to other FDA cleared, over-the-counter IPL devices.